Land Excursions & Daily Cruises
Triton Holidays & DMC S.A. Offers unforgettable excursions with professional guest-friendly Guides and modern air-conditioned coaches and Mercedes Benz Taxis
- ½ DAY LINDOS VISIT – You will visit the unique Acropolis, the village which dates back to medieval times and the octagonal medieval church with its many frescoes, dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
- ½ DAY LINDOS & MEDIEVAL CITY – In Lindos you will visit the Acropolis, the medieval village and octagonal medieval church. In the Medieval City you will walk past the Palace of the Knights and down the Street of the Knights
- FULL DAY LINDOS VISIT – You will visit the Acropolis, the medieval village, the octagonal medieval church and the bay of St. Paul. There is enough time during this excursion for lunch, a nice swim in the crystal clear waters or just to relax on the sandy beach
- FULL DAY LINDOS & MEDIEVAL CITY – In Lindos you will visit the unique Acropolis, the village dating back to medieval times and the octagonal medieval church with its many frescoes, dedicated to the Virgin Mary. In the Medieval City you will visit the Palace of the Knights and the Street of the Knights. There is time for lunch either in LIndos or the Medieval City during this excursion
- ½ DAY CITY TOUR – You will enjoy a panoramic drive through the new town and drive over Monte Smith Hill, past the Rhodes Acropolis, the Ancient Stadium and the Ancient theatre. In the Medieval City you will visit the Palace of the Knights, the Street of the Knights and the Archaeological Museum.
- ½ DAY CITY TOUR & VISIT TO FILERIMOS – In the Medieval City you will visit the Palace of the Knights and the Street of the Knights. At Filerimos you will visit the monastery, baptistery, excavations as well as the Golgotha path depicting the Passion of Christ.
- ½ DAY FILERIMOS-KAMIROS-BUTTERFLY VALLEY – At Filerimos you will visit the monastery, baptistery, excavations as well as the Golgotha path depicting the Passion of Christ. At Kamiros you will visit the ruins and excavations of this ancient city, which has been very well preserved despite the passing of time. At the Butterfly Valley you will enjoy nature and beauty at its best. See the butterflies (visible mid June to mid Sept), and visit the Monastery of Kalopetra. There are much more than butterflies to be seen in shady green valley.
- FULL DAY ISLAND TOUR – On this tour you will visit
- The church in the village of Kremasti dedicated to the Virgin Mary. The interior of the church is decorated with murals and wood carvings.
- The fishing village of Kamiros Scala, built by the Minoans of Crete. In this area there are
also greenhouses and many vineyards.
- The Venetian Castle in Kritinia dating back to the 16th century. From the village of Kritinia,
the nearby islands of Halki, Alimia, Strongili and Makri can be seen.
- The traditional village of Embona where you will visit a wine factory and enjoy a
sumptuous BBQ lunch.
- The mountainous Profitis Ilias with its monastery and lush vegetation.
- Fountoukli where the Byzantine church dedicated to St. Nicholas is located. The church
houses beautiful wall paintings of the 14th and 15th century
- The Seven-Springs, a nature spot offering shady plane trees, running water, wooden
bridges and lush vegetation, is an oasis even during the hot summer months.
- THE ISLAND OF SYMI – After two hours of sailing, you will reach the island of Symi, the most picturesque of all the Dodecanese Islands. The first port of call is Panormitis where you will visit the monastery of Archangel Michael. This is the Island’s most important monastery and the second most important in the entire Dodecanese. The only monastery more important is that of St. John on the island of Patmos. The church at Panormitis has an all-gold icon of the Saint, a wealth of offerings, wall paintings and a wooden screen of first class After an hour’s visit the cruise continues to the main port of Symi called ‘Yalos.’ The quaint harbour and neo-classical houses built high on the mountain slopes, offer a magnificent view and a beautiful lasting impression. There is ample time for lunch in one of the many taverns along the waterfront, visit the many little shops or explore the area around the waterfront, before sailing back to Rhodes.
- THE ISLAND OF KOS – After two hours of sailing, you will reach the island of Kos, the birthplace of Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine. You will visit Asklepion, located 4 kilometers from town and the place where Hippocrates is said to have received his medical training prior to becoming the personal physician to the Roman Emperor, Marcus Aurelius. This excavated site has four levels, each one with its own historic period. You will then continue to the west side of the Old Town to visit the excavations of the ancient theatre, the Casa Romana and the Temple of Dionysos. The final visit is to the Plane Tree of Hippocrates, which according to legend was where Hippocrates taught his pupils the art of medicine. There is time for lunch and shopping before returning back to Rhodes.
- LINDOS CRUISE – This two hour cruise to Lindos is along the east side of the Island offering some nice views along the way. At Lindos you are able to visit the Acropolis, the medieval village and the octagonal medieval church. Lindos has an excellent organized sandy beach with umbrellas, sun beds and chairs. In the village and along the beach you will find many restaurants and taverns offering good meals and hospitality. You will return to Rhodes late afternoon. This is a nice relaxing way to see Lindos ‘The Jewel of the Island.’
- EAST COAST PLEASURE CRUISE – This cruise is along the east side of the Island with swimming stops at various beaches and lunch at a tavern on the sandy beach of Stegna Bay.
This organized beach offers sun beds, umbrellas and a variety of water sports at reasonable rental. There are 2 volleyball courts available on the beach, at no extra cost. Enjoy this relaxing cruise and the friendly staff on board the boat
- THE TOWN OF MARMARIS IN TURKEY – The sailing time to Marmaris is 90 minutes.
Enjoy a day in Turkey where you can spend your day in the covered ‘Grand Bazaar.’ The bazaar with its more than thousand little shops, offers wonderful shopping opportunities. Here you can shop and bargain to your heart’s content. Turkey is famous for its leather products, carpets, clothing and jewelry. In and around the bazaar there are many good restaurants where you are able to enjoy a sumptuous Turkish lunch. If shopping is not your thing, a short distance from Marmaris Town is the very popular sandy beach of Icmiler, where you can swim and enjoy lunch at one of the many restaurants located along the beach.